Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fire Someone

Many places keep laying off employees to keep costs in line. How about this ? If an average store's sales are down 15%, instead of cutting hours or wages by 15% to keep costs in line.
How about cutting the dead weight in the company. All stores and companies have dead weight, people who just punch a card. If you have 6 employees then fire 1; if you have 12 then fire 2. It will be easier than you think.
Welcome to the new economy. Just showing up is not enough. I had an employee who almost burned my store down ask for a raise two weeks later. Amazing ! Shame on me for not firing her when she screwed up. Luckily for us, she just gave us her notice. She did my job for me and this should not happen.
Perhaps the new economy will create a better employee and retail stores will benefit in the long run. This is our chance to rededine the landscape.
I represent two companies; Exotic Flowers in Boston and www.fenway1912.com
I promise my companies will get it as we move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment