Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Celtic Hospitality

Today I went to the Celtics office at 226 Causeway St in Boston. The Celtics are trying to get Exotic Flowers business and want to give me an idea of where and how they work. I could not have been made to feel more welcome. Steve Markos greeted me upon arrival and introduced me to the sponsors board room which would be available to me if I sign on.
While I was there I saw Red Auerbach's eerily empty office, Wyc Grousbeck plugging away on his computer (with a brand new Sidney Crosby Jersey on his couch), and got to see a majestic office dedicated to an historic franchise.
Brian Robertson and Steve Markos sat me down to show how I could be a part of the Celtics program. I hope things work out as they seem like an ideal match for Exotic Flowers. Upon leaving they presented me with Doc Rivers autograph, a Celtics cap & tie and a commemorative bottle of the champagne celebrating their 17th championship.
The best experience of this meeting was getting a course in customer relationship managing. The Celtics management operates quite like Exotic Flowers; history, success, prestige but Never forgetting where and how you got there (evidenced by Red Auerbach's empty office).

No comments:

Post a Comment