Saturday, March 7, 2009

Barnes & Noble 3/6/9

Last night I visited Barnes and Noble in Chestnut Hill. It was a beautiful night and I exected some activity. It was a bit discouraging that business was slow. I love retail, so it excites me to see companies that are busy I often want to know why. Last night, I wanted to know why they were not. Economy I guess; that is excuse is already getting old even at Exotic Flowers.
I head staright to the magazine section. I am addicted. Unfortunately, the baseball pubs also focused on Fantasy Baseball. Not for me. I did pick up the new FOOD magazine with Mario Batali on the cover. This magazine looks great. Hoepfully it will not be a victim of a depleted advertising market.
Also picked up Paco Underhill's 2nd edition of Why We Buy. I loved the first edition years ago and cannot wait to read how he has implemented the internet into his studies.
I grabbed Lush Life (heard good things) to feed my fiction addiction. Picked up a book about Spring Training by a guy from Duxbury, MA - looked for but I did not want to drop the $25. The economy has affected me too.
Also bouught the new book on the Gardner Museum Heist for my wife Suzie. It was an autographed copy.. cool. Too bad the author feels 2 black squiggles consitute an autograph. Years ago Oriole John Lowenstein told Orioles Pitcher Mike Boddicker to make his signature legible. If someone finds it in their drawer 20 years from now, they will want to know who it is.
if anyone recalls the World Series between O's and Pirates... tonight. Let it be Lowenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment