Saturday, March 27, 2010

The New York Buy Back


Ever been to NYC and experienced the New York Buy Back ? It is truly a mark of great service and customer relations. I consider Manhattan a retail inspiration and often go to just recharge my retail battery.
In local NY pubs, bartenders will often will buy your 3rd round. I am not sure, but it is genius. Of course, the patron (me) will give a better tip and feel that I have to buy a fourth round after that to show my appreciation.
The New York Buy Back not only increases revenue, it improves employee retention and compensation and leads to good buzz about the pub. Some business lessons cannot be measured; like flowers in restaurants, but you know you miss them when the restaurant cuts back and removes them.
Drop a note to your local restaurant and let them know you miss the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment